Saturday, April 26, 2008

Gimme some lovin' - italiano style.

We are bored, yet we are not. Lives of fresh grads consist of part slacking, part eagerly looking for jobs. Amidst all that action - or lack of, the Fad people met up to plan the next stage of Fad development (we are seeing some truly exciting times ahead), as well as to savour some good food.

My recent foodie-crush is Da Paolo. Ever since I visited the Da Paolo Gastronomia outlet at Paragon, I have not stopped raving about the food. So we hit Holland V in search for Da Paolo's Pizza Bar.






Business was good, so we gotta wait... which is always frustrating, especially when you're famished!









We hung out at the "waiting area", flipped the menu and fantasized about what we would order.




While waiting, the extensive wine collection caught my eyes. I must say the decor of the restaurant is quite cool.



Then the drinks arrived. A godsend on this hot hottttt night.


The Fad boy had his beer, which is probably water to him. I wanted to try the Prosecco. Prosecco is a sparkling wine. I had my first taste of this bubbly in Venice. It's quite like champagne.

Finally we were seated - al fresco. A big no-no if you can't stand the heat.


BUT WE WERE HUNGRY, so...



The Fad chick had beef lasagne. It was delish, although I would complain about the petite serving if you compare that with our mammoth pizzas!


Both the Fad boy and I had pizzas. I was just suddenly craving it.
the Fad boy had seafood pizza with tomato sauce, and it was one of the best I've ever had. I would seriously recommend that.


The seafood (consisting of fish, smoked salmon, squid, mussels and prawns) was so fresh. I love the mussels, so fat and juicy!

I had a cheesy pizza. I think I was searching for an entirely italian experience. The pizza had both Mozzarella and Gorgonzola cheese topped with Parma ham, all medallions of classic Italian cuisine.


If you love cheese, that's the pie for you, although I was half dead half way through and had to force the Fad boy and the Fad chick to help me finish the huge pizza.


If you're going with friends, one pizza is more than enough for two persons. You can share that and order something else.

So it's another night of good food and good time, chatting, catching up and some business talk. The bill came up to under a hundred, which, for the food and drinks we had, was quite all right.

I wonder where we would head next, but I know Da Paolo is already in my "List".

da paolo pizza bar
44, Jalan Merah Saga,
#01-46, Chip Bee Gardens, Holland Village.
Tel: 6479 6059


- the Fad girl

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I brought my bf there last year, he was totally impressed by the folded pizza and he always reminisce abt it. :P Oh, you guys should also try out their breakfast menu if you have the opportunity. It's a great place to enjoy your lazy quiet morning, enjoying a sumptuous breakfast along Chip Bee Gardens ... :)

April 28, 2008 at 9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is only 3 days since we ate there but from your comment, i think i will have to make another trip there to try the folded pizza (which i wanted to try on fri but decided on the seafood pizza instead)..

April 28, 2008 at 5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you pop by their gastronomia? good stuff there too!

April 29, 2008 at 11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home